Brisbane City Daily Photo

Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland Australia. This is a daily photo site.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Queensland, Australia

Monday, April 17, 2006

A new fad


Over time the youth of each generation adopted a particular style. At one time we had the "punk" generation (with the very big spiky hair and heaps of piercings).

Now we have the "goth" generation. All around Brisbane city we have the youth dressed in black with various adornments (like the backpack with the cross). In the major meeting areas around the city you will see them everywhere.

Goth is a modern subculture that first became popular during the early 1980s within the gothic rock scene, a sub-genre of post punk.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marieta said...

I`m sooooooo out of fashion!!!!

7:51 pm  
Blogger Lorethian said...

I must be careful making fun of any generations style, my generation created the damn Bell Bottoms.


http://kansascitydailyphoto.blogspot.com/

5:06 am  
Blogger Brian said...

I always like the goths (the look, anyway). They do look a bit odd in the full sunlight, I would have expected they get up at 8pm and never out in the light of day...
L

7:38 am  
Blogger Anne said...

They look a bit odd to me, but I also see them on US shows. I guess it's really the in thing right now...but I don't see so many of them yet here in Manila...

1:26 pm  
Blogger midnitebara said...

That fashion hasnt reached our side of the world yet.

4:08 pm  
Blogger Kris said...

i like black !

4:41 pm  
Blogger chris.h. said...

This could be Newcastle. Oh no,actually it couldnt--waaay too sunny!!

5:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home