Brisbane City Daily Photo

Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland Australia. This is a daily photo site.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Queensland, Australia

Friday, June 30, 2006

Good timing


I was fortunate to see this pelican land in the water when I visited the lake. It came very close and I got to have a good look at it as it followed me while I was walking along the edge.

When the Brisbane Wildlife Survey was undertaken in 1980-82, Doolandella/Forest Lake had an abundance of wildlife. 56 species of birds, 20 species of reptiles and 11 species of mammals were reported including echidna, bandicoot, koala, brush-tail possum, ring-tail possum, sugar glider, whip-tail wallaby, red-neck wallaby, and the introduced species of hares and foxes.

4 Comments:

Blogger kmm said...

Lovely shot

10:37 am  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Great catch!

2:46 pm  
Blogger Ham said...

A wonderous beast is hte pellican, it's beak can hold more than its belly can ;-)

4:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, just wondering where you got your information on forest lake from?

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home